Recommendations of use for turbos
The following recommendations ensure the longevity and continuous performance of the turbocharger. We recommend:
- Always use the appropriate seals for the turbocharger.
- Have the turbocharger installed at a service that has qualified specialists and specialized technology to properly install the turbocharger and diagnose any issues in the engine that might end up damaging the turbocharger.
- Allow the engine to idle a bit each time to ensure buildup of sufficient oil pressure.
- Allow the engine to idle for 2-4 minutes whenever shutting down the engine to avoid excessive wear on the turbine bearings.
- Avoid excessively turning over the engine while idling. This may cause the oil pressure in the turbine to become higher than the atmospheric pressure in the compressor. The oil might leak and create a grayish smoke.
- Avoid pressing down the gas pedal upon starting or shutting down the engine.
- Perform regular oil and filter changes.
- Perform regular routine maintenance on your car, following the intervals recommended by the manufacturer.